This post is also available in: 简体中文 (Chinese (Simplified))
Make sure your tutor…
- … Makes you complete a diagnostic test before you begin preparation
- … Uses the initial diagnostic to customize the preparation to you. Let’s say you get 65% of the question right. Make sure your tutor will focus on the 35% of the questions you got wrong.
- … Teaches strategies for test-taking
- … Gives customized quizzes that focus on the areas in which you need the most help
- … Has training specifically in the test he or she teaches.
- … Has their own workbooks that cover everything.
- … Works with comprehensive lessons that include tips, tricks and curricular material.
- … Provides parents with feedback on the student’s progress.
- … Offers flexible hours to accommodate busy students.
- … Will assign a good deal of homework, so a student can have fewer lessons, saving money for the parents.