Your Score Booster ACT Class
West Point Grey Academy
NOTE: This class has been canceled. Contact us for one-on-one tutoring.
We also have minimum attendance requirements. (See note for details)
Your Score Booster will offer an ACT preparation course in Vancouver, possibly at WPGA, starting with a free mandatory diagnostic on Jan. 13 followed by a class Jan. 15 through Apr. 11, 2018 to prepare students for the April 14, 2018 ACT exam.
Students may register separately for math/science, reading/writing and an essay class.
Open to Students from Any School
Class package includes:
- Expert class instruction
- PointsBooster analysis of test results, showing where students can gain the most points
- A 600-page workbook for students who take every section of the class, or portions of the workbook for students who take separate sections of the class
- Instant online feedback of homework results for reading/English and math/science
- ™ online video solutions for reading/English and math/science, or videos relating to sections taken
- Just4You™ customized quizzes tailored to areas in which a particular student can gain the most points in reading/English and math/science
- AbsenceMakeup, our offer for making up absences. : Absences can happen. Check out
Math/Science class will include lessons, exercises and math/science diagnostics and reviews in class
Reading/English class will include lessons, exercises and reading/English diagnostics and reviews in class
The Essay class will include lessons, exercises and essay assignments in class and for homework.
Bring snacks and beverages for afternoon classes. Bring lunch and beverages for full-day classes.
- Introduction to ACT English
- Lessons include:
- Grammar and punctuation
- parts of speech
- Adjectives and adverbs
- Possessive, plural and contraction
- Grammar and punctuation
- Sentence structure
- Sentences and fragments
- Run-on sentences
- Colons, Dashes and Semicolons
- Usages & Mechanics
- Subject Verb Agreement
- Verb Tense
- Pronoun Errors
- Comparative vs. Superlative
- Misplaced modifier
- Redundancy & Wordiness
- Transitions & Conclusions
- Relevance: Adding & Removing Info
- Move and sentence or paragraph
- Writer’s goal
- Rhetorical Skills
- Introduction to ACT Math
- Tips, Techniques & Strategies
- Drills for each topics
- Integers, digits, even & odd, fractions, prime numbers, combinations, permutations, probabilities, percents
- Elementary Algebra
- Translation, roots and exponents, solve for the whole expression, ratios, proportions, rates, mean, median and mode
- Plane Geometry
- Related angles, triangles, circles, polygon
- Intermediate Algebra
- FOIL & number lines, absolute value, inequalities, matrices, sequences
- Functions, linear equations, function tables, funky function symbols, real-life functions, quadratic functions, squiggly functions
- Coordinate Geometry
- Distances and midpoints, shapes on a coordinate plane, circles, ellipses
- ACT Math Vocabulary
- Introduction to ACT Reading
- Active Reading
- Learning local questions vs. global questions will help you get through questions more quickly
- Common trap answers
- Learning about direct and indirect questions to help ensure correct answers
- Tone / Attitude words
- Other essential words
- Introduction to ACT Science
- Tips, Techniques & Strategies
- Graphs and Tables
- Data representation
- Research summary
- Conflicting viewpoints
- Grading rubric
- Scoring explanation
- Sample prompts
- Analyzing the prompt
- Features of a top-scoring ACT essay
- Planning ahead
- Similes, adverbs, diction, punctuation, research
- Practice prompts
The PointsBooster® Method
Only Your Score Booster teaches The PointsBooster® Method
- From day one until test day, we provide tips to help you excel
- Don't get DINGed™ (writing)
- JerkLocator™ (Reading)
- Solving Backwards (Math)
- How to get through passages quickly
- The top 7 grammar topics
- How to avoid careless math mistakes
- The required components of your essay
- Curricular Material
- We cover all the topics you'll need to succeed, giving you lessons, workbooks, diagnostic tests and customized quizzes
Those tricks, strategies and material and more exclusive techniques make up The PointsBooster® Method.
Richard Dalton will teach the class. However, if he is unavailable, an instructor he has trained will teach the class.
A long-time investigative reporter specializing in data analysis, Richard has “cracked the code” of the SAT and ACT.
- Created The PointsBooster® Method of SAT & ACT Preparation
- Has degrees in mathematics and journalism
- Taught writing at a New York university
- Was nominated for the Pulitzer Prize
- Richard has limited availability for tutoring. For rates for tutors trained in The PointsBooster® Method and rates with Richard, visit our tutoring page.
Tax: We’ve included GST in all tuition. The prices above will have no additional charges.
Registration: Registration is confirmed upon receipt of payment.Our detailed workbooks include lessons and exercises, covering everything you need to know for each section of the test, including strategies, tricks and curricular material. You receive workbooks for free related to the tutoring or classes you are taking. For example, if you purchase tutoring or a class for ACT Math/Science, you'll receive the math/science workbook for free.
WebBooster video solutions are activated after you complete the related lessons with a one-on-one tutor or class instructor.
|Workbooks and WebBooster™ video solutions||Value||With assessment and a package or class|
|ACT Workbook (full workbook) Reading/English/Math/Science/Essay||$2,000||Included|
|SAT Workbook (full workbook) Reading/Writing/Math/Essay and related WebBooster™ video solutions||$2,000||Included|
You must register with ACT Inc. to take the ACT exam. Register here. We cannot guarantee you’ll achieve a certain score.
Tuition is refundable, minus a 10% fee, through Dec. 15, 2017, if you have not received any material in advance. Tuition is non-refundable after Dec. 15, 2017, or if you have received a workbook. If we must cancel individual sessions, we’ll do our best to hold a make-up session. If that’s not possible, we’ll provide a pro-rated refund. By registering, you agree to our policies