Private, One-on-One ACT Tutoring
- Tutoring in person is available in several cities.
- We also tutor students online, around the world, via live, one-on-one web conferencing.
Here are cities with in-person tutoring:
- Greater Vancouver area: All sections. Tutoring at downtown Vancouver location or at student’s home.
- Tri Cities, BC: Reading and Writing at student’s home.
Tutoring packages include:
- One-on-one (or small group sessions) with a tutor
- , a set of tips, strategies and curricular material demonstrated to boost scores
- ACT Workbook with 600 pages of material covering all ACT topics
- ACT Diagnostic Tests
- Your Score Booster ACT PointsBooster® diagnostic analyses, which pinpoint the precise areas in which a particular student can gain the most points.
- ™ video solutions
- Just4You™ customized quizzes
- Personal Academic Concierge, who keeps you on track, helping you fit prep into your schedule and updating you, your parents and your educational consultant.
Your Score Booster ACT workbook
A 600-page workbook covers all four sections of the test. Here are the topics and exercises in this extensive workbook. As with the SAT, video solutions supplement the ACT workbook. So you can progress between classes to reach your goal score faster.
The book has sections covering:
- ACT Essay
All tutors teach, developed by Your Score Booster founder Richard Dalton. , a combination of teaching the curricular material, tips and tricks, is demonstrated to dramatically boost students scores.
Tutoring includes the Your Score Booster 600-page ACT workbook, which covers all four sections of the test. Here are the topics and exercises in this extensive workbook. As with the SAT, video solutions supplement the ACT workbook. So you can progress between session to reach your goal score faster.
Here is more details on the Your Score Booster ACT workbook:
- Introduction to ACT English
- Lessons include:
- Grammar and punctuation
- parts of speech
- Adjectives and adverbs
- Possessive, plural and contraction
- Grammar and punctuation
- Sentence structure
- Sentences and fragments
- Run-on sentences
- Colons, Dashes and Semicolons
- Usages & Mechanics
- Subject Verb Agreement
- Verb Tense
- Pronoun Errors
- Comparative vs. Superlative
- Misplaced modifier
- Redundancy & Wordiness
- Transitions & Conclusions
- Relevance: Adding & Removing Info
- Move and sentence or paragraph
- Writer’s goal
- Rhetorical Skills
- Introduction to ACT Math
- Tips, Techniques & Strategies
- Drills for each topics
- Integers, digits, even & odd, fractions, prime numbers, combinations, permutations, probabilities, percents
- Elementary Algebra
- Translation, roots and exponents, solve for the whole expression, ratios, proportions, rates, mean, median and mode
- Plane Geometry
- Related angles, triangles, circles, polygon
- Intermediate Algebra
- FOIL & number lines, absolute value, inequalities, matrices, sequences
- Functions, linear equations, function tables, funky function symbols, real-life functions, quadratic functions, squiggly functions
- Coordinate Geometry
- Distances and midpoints, shapes on a coordinate plane, circles, ellipses
- ACT Math Vocabulary
- Introduction to ACT Reading
- Active Reading
- Learning local questions vs. global questions will help you get through questions more quickly
- Common trap answers
- Learning about direct and indirect questions to help ensure correct answers
- Tone / Attitude words
- Other essential words
- Introduction to ACT Science
- Tips, Techniques & Strategies
- Graphs and Tables
- Data representation
- Research summary
- Conflicting viewpoints
- Grading rubric
- Scoring explanation
- Sample prompts
- Analyzing the prompt
- Features of a top-scoring ACT essay
- Planning ahead
- Similes, adverbs, diction, punctuation, research
- Practice prompts
Private ACT Tutoring In Downtown Vancouver
Your Score Booster offers private ACT tutoring at a business office in downtown Vancouver using
One-on-One ACT Tutoring At Your Vancouver Home
Your Score Booster provides private ACT tutors at your home in the Vancouver area.
Private ACT Tutoring Online
We have conducted online tutoring with students from around the world. As long as you have a good Internet connection, you can do online tutoring with Your Score Booster.
As a student for online tutoring, you still receive our exclusive workbooks and ™, online video solutions that help you to progress between tutoring sessions.
You’ll also get our diagnostic PointsBooster® reports, showing you where you can gain the most points.
Even ACT students in Langley, Surrey, Coquitlam, Richmond, West Vancouver, North Vancouver and the Okanagan can boost their ACT scores by hiring a private ACT tutor online through Your Score Booster. And students in Edmonton, Calgary and other areas in Alberta can benefit from online ACT tutoring as well.
We insist on a diagnostic test
Some prep companies never offer a diagnostic test before tutoring or a class. The diagnostic helps us focus on the particular areas of the ACT you are struggling with. Furthermore, the initial score helps you see the progress you are making. There’s no better motivation than a higher ACT score!
We’ll reinforce the material
A student, above, studies at her home in West Point Grey.
At Your Score Booster, expect ACT lessons right after the diagnostic test. The lessons will teach you the ACT subject matter and also the tricks to help you identify the right answer.
We’ll focus on point gains
After the lessons, Your Score Booster will assess your progress through tests and our PointsBooster® report, which shows us the particular sections and even types of questions that will help you can gain the most points. We believe you shouldn’t have to pay for every test you take; rather, you should pay to review the test with Your Score Booster. So once you start tutoring, we’ll provide ACT tests for free, and you’ll take them at home, using a Your Score Booster timer to time each section. Occasionally, it’s a good idea to take a proctored ACT. It simulates the real conditions a bit better; in that case, you can pay a fee to take the test under timed conditions.
We’ll be your ACT coach
Don’t expect to hear from us only during your ACT lessons or ACT classes. If you need a push to get homework done, we’ll push you with texts and e-mails. We’ll help you arrange your schedule to fit in the homework.
You can register for the ACT examination here.
Tutoring in the Vancouver-area
ACT tutoring in Richmond
ACT tutoring in Surrey
ACT tutoring in West Vancouver
ACT tutoring in North Vancouver
ACT tutoring in Tri-Cities
ACT tutoring in Anmore
ACT tutoring in Belcarra
ACT tutoring in Coquitlam
ACT tutoring in Port Coquitlam
ACT tutoring in Port Moody