Get an SAT or ACT Coach
Your Score Booster™ SAT and ACT lessons make test preparation fun and productive.
A Your Score Booster™ tutor or instructor will…
- Offer a diagnostic test and a ™ report that shows you section by section, question by question, how you performed on the test
- Customize the preparation to the areas where you can gain the most points
- Design quizzes particularly for you
- Offer mock exams so we can gauge your progress and further customize preparation
- Teach grammar, from parallelism to the comma splice and focus on only the key grammar issues that appear on the test
- Show even slow readers how to get through a passage quickly
- Point out the various types of reading questions and how to attack each type of reading question
- Teach students how to read short passages, short paired passages, long paired passages and single long passages. (The different passages require different techniques.)
- Use mnemonic devices to help students remember information for all sections.
- Help students improve SAT and ACT essay writing, which is quite different from the essay writing you learned in English class
- Show students how to answer algebra questions without doing algebra and review the areas you don’t remember or haven’t learned yet, from geometry’s 7-24-25 perfect right triangle to probability.
- Teach students how to exploit the multiple-choice format
- Show students how to eliminate answer choices.
- Show students when to guess when they can’t figure out an answer
- Help students pace themselves
- Provide students with vocabulary books, cartoons and flashcards demonstrated to boost vocabulary
- Offer students exclusive Your Score Booster™-developed calculator software to help with the math section — software that can be used on test day
- Evaluate the student’s progress
- Tailor work to the students’ shortcomings
- Focus on the quickest ways to boost students’ scores
- Relieve test-related anxiety
- Teach in a way that engages students
- Design the workload to accommodate students’ schedules
- Give students the encouragement to work hard and boost their scores dramatically