Get an SAT Coach
YSB lessons make test preparation fun, easy and productive.
A YSB tutor will…
- Offer a diagnostic test, so YSB will know your strengths and weaknesses
- Review the areas you don’t remember or haven’t learned yet, from geometry’s 7-24-25 perfect right triangle to probability.
- Show students how to answer algebra questions without doing algebra.
- Teach grammar, from parallelism to the comma splice
- Focus on only the key grammar issues that appear on the test
- Show even slow readers how to get through a passage quickly
- Point out the various types of reading questions and how to attack each type of reading question
- Teach students how to read short passages, short paired passages, long paired passages and single long passages. (The different passages require different techniques.)
- Use mnemonic devices to help students remember information for all sections.
- Help students improve SAT essay writing, which is quite different from the essay writing you learned in English class
- Teach students how to exploit the multiple-choice format
- Show students how to eliminate answer choices.
- Show students when to guess and how to make the best guess
- Help students pace themselves
- Provide students with vocabulary books, cartoons and flashcards proven to boost vocabulary
- Offer students exclusive YSB-developed calculator software to help with the math section — software that can be used on test day
- Evaluate the student’s progress
- Tailor work to the students’ shortcomings
- Keep parents abreast of progress
- Focus on the quickest ways to boost students’ scores
- Relieve test-related anxiety
- Teach in a way that engages students
- Design the workload to accommodate students’ schedules
- Give students the encouragement to work hard and boost their scores dramatically.